High-quality, Elaborate, Professional: Firmware V2.0.5 for A100/D100/D100 PRO
Official Firmware V2.0.5 is developed based on firmware V1.5.5. SOUNDAWARE hired a professional UI team to help improve user experience in the basis of optimization experiences on D100 PRO. The new firmware has reached a very high level at all aspects like sound quality, appearance, functionality and usability.
Firmware V2.0.5 has the following main improvements relative to the previous firmware V1.5.5:
1) Re-designed and optimized underlying logic specifically for sound quality. Developed the best sound quality mode, which makes improvements on EMI, resource consumption and sound quality.
2) Hire a professional UI team to re-design the UI interface in order to enhance user experience.
3) Perfectly extract and display the information of the audio files.
4) More smooth operating experience. More shortcut keys, quick response, perfect phone and tablet operating experience.
5) More powerful function. DLNA/UPnP playback and control is supported. USB3.0, NAS auto-mounting, song collections are supported.
6) Fixed some bugs in V1.5.5 and V2.0.
If the users of A100/D100 upgrade your player to the new firmware, the old remote controllers will fail to work and you need to buy a remote controller which is for D100 PRO. Due to the hardware reason, A100 and D100 cannot support the DLNA function, but the other functions are the same as D100 PRO's. Downgrade from V2.0.5 to V1.5.5 is not recommended.
The remote controller, CHUNGHOP RM-991, is applicable to firmware V2.5.5. RM-991's online shop:
Code 3258 is for A100/D100/D100 PRO. You can get the methods of setting RM-991 in the manual of D100 PRO. About other guides of RM-991 please refer to its instructions.
If you want to upgrade your player to V2.0.5, the firmware version of your machine should be more than V1.5, like V1.5.X or V2.0.X; if not, please upgrade to V1.5 firstly.
5) Download the attachment from the following link:
6) Decompress the RAR file and you will see 'readme.txt' and 'update.bin'.
7) Copy the file “update.bin” to the root directory of a SD card and then follow the instructions in the file “readme.txt”. Please note that your current firmware version should be >= 2.0.5 before upgrading.
8) After entering the upgrading status, please wait for five minutes. During this period please do not cut off the power, operate the player and please avoid any other plugging or pulling action otherwise it may cause the upgrade to fail and the player cannot work normally. After the process the machine will automatically reboot and into the specific firmware upgrade. The upgrade is successful if you see the new version V2.0.5.
If you have any questions or problems during the upgrade process, you can give us a call. See 'Contact Us' .
Specific improvements with respect to V1.5.5:
1) Re-design UI interface and optimized underlying decoding process.
2) Add the new function of song collection.
3) Main menu is no longer a cycle, but indicated by arrow to show which direction is available.
4) Add a ‘Playing’ option (represent if a song is being played) in ‘Directory Browsing’ the interface.
5) Change the type of audio file icon and enhance file type identifiability.
6) Show the album of being played music in ‘Playing’ the interface (only for D100 PRO).
7) Show the total time of being played music.
8) Show the file type of being played music.
9) Change the way to select language, backlight time and brightness. Press UP and DOWN to choose a specific item; press LEFT or RIGHT to confirm or cancel this operation.
10) Change the menu path of 'Network Share'.
11) Try to obtain IP address after power on if the machine is connected to network.
12) Support for DLAN/UPnP (only for D100 PRO).
13) A new luxury multi-function remote controller.
14) Make backlight time setting more humane. You can see the visual selected effect dynamically.
15) Press ON_OFF in the remote controller to enter the standby state; press again to restore the previous state.
16) Press the DISPLAY key in the remote controller to enter the best sound quality mode (take effect after 5 minutes).
17) Sort the audio files by track number firstly then ASCII ascending (like V1.5.X).
18) More perfect support for USB3.0 HDD.
Relative to V2.0
19) Fixed the error of extracting bit information from some old APE format musc.
20) Cancel the legitimate check on AIFF WAV so as to be compatible with the downloaded stereo WAV format music.
21) Fixed the bug that LCD screen cannot be turned off by remote controller if in DLNA mode.
22) Fixed the problem that a very small number of CUEs without keyword TITLE cannot be resolved.
23) Fixed the problem that disconnecting the storage device suddenly when playing a large audio file will cause the player to crash.
Changes relative to V2.0.4:
24) Fixed the problem that playing rare multichannel PCM WAV audio files may cause crash.
25) NAS (SAMBA) auto-mount function (if the network is ok and the IP of NAS is a fixed one).
26) Fixed the problem that a very small number of CUEs without keyword TITLE cannot be resolved.
27) Fixed the bug of volume bar shown when restoring from the standby state.
Q & A about firmware V2.0.5:
Q: Why the firmware V2.0.5 improve sound quality?
A: We found when developing the hardware for D100 PRO that lower EMI, less resource consumption, lower latency and better decoding can greatly enhance the sound reproduction effect. So for D100 PRO we enhance the power system, clock system, EMI treatment and anti-vibration treatment at hardware level, while developing the best sound quality mode at firmware level by thorough decoding optimization, new key processes and closing all the hardware modules not being used.
Q: Why is my upgrade process very slow, far more than five minutes, or simply failed?
A: Please make sure the file 'update.bin' under the root directory of a SD card. If you can see an interface with black background and gold words, and no English error prompted, the problem is usually that the SD card is too fragmented. We recommend choosing another SD card or using certain software to erase the SD card by low-level formatting.
Q: Why is it easy to drop when playing 192KHz music storaged in NAS by wireless DLNA?
A: To play 192KHz music in NAS requires more than 12Mbps the steady rate which is very difficult to achieve for wireless network.
Q: How to automatically mount NAS when the player is power on?
A: To automatically mount NAS, the following conditions may be needed:
1) The IP of NAS should be fixed (set in NAS) and can be accessed by ping (if not, check your firewall settings).
2) It is better not to set NAS in auto-sleep state.
3) NAS and the player should be in the same network segment, and the player is able to manually mount the files in NAS.
4) NAS and router should be turned on earlier than the player.
5) It is better to connect NAS, the player and router with wired cable.
6) Router should be high stability.
Q: How to enable the best sound quality mode?
A: The player will automatically enter into the mode 5 seconds after screen off (regardless of auto screen off status or pressing DISPLAY in remote controller). DLNA mode allows the player into the mode for a long time.