Far More than DSD Playback: Firmware V2.3.9 for A100/D100/D100 PRO Released
Firmware V2.3.9 not only supports all serial DSD formats (DSD DOP output) including SACD ISO (non-DST), DFF and DSF, but also supports all serial Apple formats including AAC, AIFF and ALAC.
If the upgrade of firmware V2.3.9 was limited to new formats, we may not need such a long time of BETA and development:
1) Intelligence fade. The fade-in function is like that of firmware V2.0.5, but more optimized and 150% the increase in song switch speed and reaction speed. The song switch speed and reaction speed of fade-out are faster with a lowest gap of 100ms (depends on storage device). This is good news for those who are very concerned about the song switch gap.
2) Rewritten DLNA/UPnP service. All APP control modes and formats are perfectly supported now, even the CUE format (a CUE or ISO appears as a folder, songs inside will be displayed.). For this reason, we recommend users to use APP to control D100 PRO.
3) Optimized ISO reading. We rewrote the ISO read logical, specially optimized for high-latency NAS network. So the requirements for ISO in NAS are lower than FLAC in NAS. Just because of this insistence to high-quality sound, the new firmware requires less for NAS. Almost a thousand's or so NAS is OK for smooth playback and all audio formats are supported. Thus we recommend uses to take NAS as storage device which can get the best sound and is the most convenient storage device.
4) Folders are sorted by the order of English alphabets. Our early firmware uses the time-based sorting method considering the poor performance under the circumstance of a large number of folders (more than 1000). Now our engineers have optimized the reading performance to be able to quickly get the sorted results and display it even in the condition of 1000 folders. So regardless of APP or remote controller, the speed of directory browsing has been significantly improved.
5) Adjust some display and tips to enhance the user experience.
1) Download the attachment from the following link:
2) Decompress the RAR file and you will see 'readme.txt' and 'update.bin'.
3) Copy the file 'update.bin' to the root directory of a SD card and then follow the instructions in the file 'readme.txt'. Please note that your current firmware version should be >= 2.0.5 before upgrading.
4) After entering the upgrading status, please wait for five seconds. During this period please do not cut off the power, operate the player and please avoid any other plugging or pulling action otherwise it may cause the upgrade to fail and the player cannot work normally. After the process the machine will automatically reboot and into the specific firmware upgrade. The upgrade is successful if you see the new version V2.3.9.
Common problems and their solutions during the upgrade process:
1) The screen suggests no file when upgrading.
You may not decompress the downloaded file, or the 'update.bin' file is not copied to the root directory of a SD card, or the SD card is not inserted into the machine, or the SD card does not work well. You need to choose another SD card if the former one is bad.
2) The upgrade process lasts a very long time, far more than five minutes.
If you can see an interface with black background and gold words, and no English error prompted, the problem is usually that the SD card is too fragmented. We recommend choosing another SD card or using certain software to erase the SD card by low-level formatting.
3) The power is cut off accidentally during the upgrade process. Turn on the player and the machine can be started, but the interface is not normal.
Please try to upgrade again.